The Montessori Program
Before and After Care
We provide a comfortable, family-like setting for your child before and after regular school day hours. The children enjoy a large, quiet space adjoining the All-Day Montessori primary classroom. A Montessori staff member checks each child in or out of their regular classroom each day.
This is an additional program that requires registration and fee payment upon enrollment.
Before Care: 7:30 – 8:15 a.m.
- Children share breakfast together (provided by parents)
- Quiet activities to transition into school day
After Care: 3:15 pm – 6:30 p.m.
- Montessori materials and work available in adjoining All Day primary classroom
- Art materials, games and snack
- Outside play or gardening at Tony Brush Park playground or community garden
Elementary Enrichment: 3:15 – 5:30 p.m. (for grades 1 – 8)
Daily programs are available for elementary-aged students through a collaboration with the City of Cleveland and the Alta House Recreation Center on Mayfield Road in Little Italy.
- Drama Club : introduction to theater with short children’s plays. Three sessions/year with performances for parents. Directed by Montessori staff member Kate Comella, a Montessori teacher with many years of community and children’s theater experience as an actress, director and producer.
- Art Club: hands-on projects in a variety of media, including painting, drawing, clay, mask making, etc. Instructor is Gina Washington, MA in Fine Arts from Ohio University,professional artist, photographer, art educator and Montessori parent.
- Team Sports : informal, intramural games including flag football, soccer, softball, kickball, and more. Coached by Alta House staff or Montessori staff.
Instrumental Music Lessons:
Cleveland Institute of Music graduate students provide lessons at a reduced rate. Lessons are ½ hour each, after school. Instruments vary according to available teachers, but usually include piano, violin, and cello. Piano provided in church hall. Other instruments are not provided but can be rented locally for reasonable cost.