Holy rosary Parish
Located right next to the school, Holy Rosary Church is a landmark in Cleveland's Little Italy. When Immigrants from Italy came to this country seeking a better life, many settled here in this neighborhood. They wanted a place to worship God, to build friendships and to share their Catholic faith. The first church for Holy Rosary parish was built in 1892 and served until 1909, when the current building was completed.
The church is still an anchor to the Little Italy neighborhood. Holy Rosary is most visible each August during the annual Feast of the Assumption, when tens of thousands of Greater Clevelanders pack the Mayfield Road-Murray Hill community.
The parish has a renowned music program and choir, and other ministries including Social Concerns, Little Rock Scripture Study, Newman Catholic Student Association for college students, Holy Rosary Society, Men’s & Women’s Ministries, and the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd religious education program for children on Sunday mornings.
Collaboration between the School and Church
While the Montessori School at Holy Rosary is an independent school and not a parish school, our building is owned by the parish and there are strong ties of collaboration.
- Children can attend monthly Children’s Liturgy mass, plan the prayers and music, and act as greeters, servers and readers.
- Student acolytes serve at funeral or weekday masses when needed.
- Social service programs, like visiting the neighborhood elderly and raising funds for an orphanage in India, have been collaborative projects with the parish.
- Holy Rosary Pastor Fr. Philip Racco teaches a theology class for our middle school students and serves on our board.
Tuition Assistance for Parish Families
The school encourages parish families to enroll their children in the Montessori School. Registered parish families are eligible to receive yearly tuition assistance to attend the Montessori School at Holy Rosary. Parents are required to meet with the pastor and sign a yearly contract. Please contact the rectory office for more information at 216-421-2995.